- Fri, 21 Nov 2014 01:00:25 +0000: Finally, a New Clue to Solve the CIA’s Mysterious Kryptos Sculpture - WIRED » Threat Level
In 1989, the year the Berlin Wall began to fall, American artist Jim Sanborn was busy working on his Kryptos sculpture, a cryptographic puzzle wrapped in a riddle that he created for the CIA’s headquarters and that has been driving amateur and professional cryptographers mad ever since. To honor the 25th anniversary of the Wall’s […]
The post Finally, a New Clue to Solve the CIA’s Mysterious Kryptos Sculpture appeared first on WIRED.
- Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:35:35 +0000: Swedish Court Rejects Julian Assange’s Appeal to Dismiss His Arrest Warrant - WIRED » Threat Level
More than two years after Julian Assange sought protection at the Ecuadorian embassy in the UK, a Swedish court is still demanding he return to that country to face questioning in a sex crimes investigation. Today a Swedish appeals court rejected Assange’s request to rescind the warrant for his arrest. “In making this assessment, account […]
The post Swedish Court Rejects Julian Assange’s Appeal to Dismiss His Arrest Warrant appeared first on WIRED.
- Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:00:48 +0000: How the Dark Web’s New Favorite Drug Market Is Profiting From Silk Road 2’s Demise - WIRED » Threat Level
The eBay-style contraband bazaar Evolution has grown more than 50 percent in drug offerings since September.
The post How the Dark Web’s New Favorite Drug Market Is Profiting From Silk Road 2’s Demise appeared first on WIRED.
- Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:45:24 +0000: How Splitting a Computer Into Multiple Realities Can Protect You From Hackers - WIRED » Threat Level
Jelle Martens Eight years ago, Polish hacker Joanna Rutkowska was experimenting with rootkits—tough-to-detect spyware that infects the deepest level of a computer’s operating system—when she came up with a devious notion: What if, instead of putting spyware inside a victim’s computer, you put the victim’s computer inside the spyware? At the time, a technology known […]
The post How Splitting a Computer Into Multiple Realities Can Protect You From Hackers appeared first on WIRED.
- Wed, 19 Nov 2014 12:15:45 +0000: Hacker Lexicon: What Is the Dark Web? - WIRED » Threat Level
With the rise and fall of the Silk Road—and then its rise again and fall again—the last couple of years have cast new light on the Dark Web. But when a news organization as reputable as 60 Minutes describes the Dark Web as “a vast, secret, cyber underworld” that accounts for “90% of the Internet,” it’s time for a refresher.